EMDP (Egypt Media Development Program) is a specialized media company with years of experience in training and consulting within the Egyptian, regional and global media industry.
EMDP media specialists have vast knowledge of global best practices in journalism, media training, and media business, as well as deep understanding of local needs.
EMDP is also a leading Egyptian media development company and publisher. EMDP’s strength is in its top-quality editorial staff, which includes some of Egypt’s best journalists, editors, photographers and designers. The content produced by EMDP is always innovative, accurate, engaging and impactful – mirroring the image and reputation EMDP’s media products have developed in the market, as well as the larger publishing industry in Egypt, the Middle East and beyond.
EMDP owns the following media brands:
- Mantiqti (My Neighborhood) is the newspaper of downtown Cairo and Zamalek.
- Mantiqti serves its local community like no other media entity in Egypt, providing in-depth coverage, useful information and entertaining content in an innovatively designed format.
- Mantiqti is a free newspaper/magazine, with a specialized distribution system (door-to door to residents and businesses big and small, and via stands in over 40 locations).
- Mantiqti also has a popular and active Facebook presence that is updated daily with local events and news.
- A special page produced by Mantiqti also appears every Friday in the wide-circulation daily newspaper Al-Masry Al- Youm.
- Zahma is an Arabic influencer website, providing an engaging mix of useful news summaries and explainers, translations, and other informative content.
- Zahma is increasingly setting the news agenda with its unique content proposition: that readers need less, rather than more, information in a crowded media environment where providing perspective and understanding is the key to earning audience trust.
- Zahma’s traffic is growing; currently 300,000 Active Users per month are looking at over 600,000 pages, with an average session time of over 9 minutes!
- Zahma also has a very active Facebook presence.
EEF (Egyptian Editors Forum) is an industry body established to gather Egyptian media leaders together to discuss issues that face the Egyptian media and come up with solutions.
- EEF’s emphasis is on creating a community of opinion leaders and decision makers in the media industry to exchange knowledge and build bridges.
- EEF’s first and only priority is the importance of raising the level of the professionalism and innovation in the media.
EEF’s products and services include a weekly email newsletter translating global best practices into relevant and actionable advice for Arabic speaking editorial and media leaders.